You could make enough for 2 days. as it will keep in the fridge. Ready in 30 minutes. Serves 2.
- 1/2 tbsp. oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. coriander seeds, lightly crushed
- 100g freekeh, soaked in cold water for 15 minutes
- 1 liter vegetable stock
- drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- good squeeze lemon juice
- large handful flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 500g pack cooked beetroot, cut into wedges
- 150g soft goats’ cheese, thickly sliced
- 75g roasted mixed nuts
- 1-2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Heat the oil in a medium, heavy-based saucepan, add the onion and cook until softened and golden. Add the spices and some salt and pepper, cook for another minute, then add the freekeh and mix well.
- Pour in the stock, bring to the boil, then allow to simmer for 20 minutes. Take off the heat, cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Stir in oil, lemon juice and parsley, season to taste, divide into 2 portions and top each with half the beetroot wedges, goats’ cheese and nuts.
- Drizzle over the pomegranate molasses and serve.